WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
WHEN: Saturday July 9, 2016 – at 10 am – 5 pm.
WHERE: Whittamores Farm – 8100 Steeles Avenue East, Markham
WHAT: Pick your own fruits & veggies and play at the Fun Farm
LUNCH: Pack your own picnic to eat at the picnic site at the farm OR you can purchase food at the Snack Shack at the farm (they sell pizza, fries, nuggets etc.)
COST: Pay for the items that you pick for Pick your own. For the Fun Farm, $9.00 per person PLUS tax (adults and children who are 2 years old and up must pay)
BRING: Containers for the items you pick – or else you’ll have to buy the containers from the farm at an additional cost.
MEETING TIME AND PLACE:
Let’s target to arrive at the farm by 10 am. BUT you and your family can come as early as 7 am to start picking!
At 10 am the fun farm opens – so you can either go directly to the Fun Farm or you can start picking – it is up to you!
We will meet up for lunch at 12 pm at the designated picnic spot. Each family will be responsible for packing or purchasing your own lunch. There is a Farm Snack Shack by the Fun Farm. I’ve been advised by staff that they sell nuggets, pizza, fries, patties, drinks etc. There is also a Farm Shop where you can buy treats and baked goods.
PICK YOUR OWN (PYO) INFO:
On July 9th, we can pick Strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, peaches, dig for potatoes, pick peas, pull beets, pick yellow and green beans.
Summer PYO Pricing 2016
Green Peas: $2.50/Lb
Snow Peas: $2.50/Lb
Green & Yellow Bean: $2.50/Lb
New Potatoes: $1.50/Lb
FUN FARM INFO:
$9.00 per person (+tax) for 2 years of age and older
Fun Farm activities include:
– Jumbo Pumpkin Jumper (Weekends Only, 10:30 am to 4:30 pm, Weather Permitting)
– Jumbo Corn Jumper (Weekends Only, 10:30 am to 4:30 pm, Weather Permitting)
– Punchin’ Maze Game
– Whittamore’s Mining Co. (extra charges apply)
– Bugs n’ Buckets Sand Toy Lot
– Wagon Rides (Daily 11:30, 2:00 & 4:30, Weather Permitting)
– Farm Animals
– Tractors n’ Trucks Sand Toy Lot
– Playhouses & Climbers
– Wooden Milking Cow & Goat
– Animated Singing Chicken Show
– NEW for 2016 Farm Bouncer (Weekends Only, 10:30 am to 4:30 pm, Weather Permitting)
– Combine Climber & Silo Slide
– Tractor Tire Climb
– Rock n’ Ride Horseplay
– Horse Swings
– Spider Web Climb
– Pedal Tractor Track
– Giant Tree Fort & Slide
– Strawberry Mountain & Turbo Slide
– Duckie Races (extra charges apply)
– Nature Trail
WHITTAMORE FOOD & DRINK ONLY IN OUR FUN FARM YARD